Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Rover unlock code needed

Hi,

The head unit in my Defender was replaced under warranty three years ago, I have just had to fir a new battery, and discovered that the dealership did not supply the unlock code for the new unit. They gave me the original code from their database, and now tell me I'll need to buy a new head unit as they can't recover the code for the unit they fitted!!

Details as follows:

label No.1
    CL Model No. ME-6H3303LR-03
    Radio Serial No. 0002673

Label No.2 (headed LAND ROVER)
    Part No. XQE500550
    7H12 18C873 BC
    Manufacturer P/No. ME-6H3303LR-03
    Manufacture date 08/08/06
    Assembled in Mexico

Thanks in advance,
    Simeon.

Originally posted by simeon
    Hi,

The head unit in my Defender was replaced under warranty three years ago, I have just had to fir a new battery, and discovered that the dealership did not supply the unlock code for the new unit. They gave me the original code from their database, and now tell me I'll need to buy a new head unit as they can't recover the code for the unit they fitted!!

Details as follows:

label No.1
    CL Model No. ME-6H3303LR-03
    Radio Serial No. 0002673

Label No.2 (headed LAND ROVER)
    Part No. XQE500550
    7H12 18C873 BC
    Manufacturer P/No. ME-6H3303LR-03
    Manufacture date 08/08/06
    Assembled in Mexico

Thanks in advance,
    Simeon.
    Sorry....your code will only be available from the Main Dealer database or the unit will have to be taken into a Radio Decoding Service

It is unlikely to be available for free or cheap from anywhere on the Internet

Comment

Mmmmmm.......

Main dealers can't help me, and neither can Land Rover tech. support as it isn't the vehicle's original unit and the dealership didn't update the database when they fitted it!

sadly the vehicle is now out of warranty, and they can't (won't) help. I think I'll just buy an aftermarket head unit.

thanks for the help,
      Simeon.

Comment

Working...
      X