Key Code for Ford Ka Collection Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Code for Ford Ka Collection Stereo

Hi as per everyone else on here I just had my battery changed et voila...no radio.....never had a code and looked through all my original documents so this is my last rsort before having to try and get the damn thing out of the built in plastic ****!!!
    its a Ford Ka Collection
    Make 6000 CD RDS EON
    Serial Number (I think) M702201
    Many Thanks guys if you can help!!!!
    Karen

Originally posted by Karen Peckham View Post
    Hi as per everyone else on here I just had my battery changed et voila...no radio.....never had a code and looked through all my original documents so this is my last rsort before having to try and get the damn thing out of the built in plastic ****!!!
    its a Ford Ka Collection
    Make 6000 CD RDS EON
    Serial Number (I think) M702201
    Many Thanks guys if you can help!!!!
    Karen
    try code 8489

Comment

hi...looks like that may be good although its on a 30 minute countdown now.....hope I won't need another new battery or jump start!!!!
      K

Comment

that didn't work.....its just gone back to flashing Code---- now!!! i prob got the serial number wrong as at the moment i cannot seem to get the stereo out of its plastic casing to check...will try and order the DIN keys but its not easy as i live way out in the countryside in Corsica.....i tried pressing 1 and 6.....and got 50702201...so thats why i thought that was the serial number was what i posted...it also flashed up DP MV 5H and 81-10-00.....thanks for your help anyway!!! will just have to face the long drive home with no music!!
        K

Comment

that didn't work.....its just gone back to flashing Code---- now!!! i prob got the serial number wrong as at the moment i cannot seem to get the stereo out of its plastic casing to check...will try and order the DIN keys but its not easy as i live way out in the countryside in Corsica.....i tried pressing 1 and 6.....and got 50702201...so thats why i thought that was the serial number was what i posted...it also flashed up DP MV 5H and 81-10-00.....thanks for your help anyway!!! will just have to face the long drive home with no music!!
          K
          Hi try pressing 6 and 2.

Comment

K
            Here is a video showing how to remove a standard radio from the dashboard.
            A pair of extractors are required (available from Ebay etc ) but these can be made from 2 pieces of bent, wire coat-hanger or 4 small drills(using the blunt end) or 4 small Allen Keys or 4 small screwdrivers or 4 nails or even 4 darts.

An assistant is useful to pull the radio out whilst you are releasing the 4
            securing clips

Comment

Hi Karen,

I just removed a radio from a Ford Festiva by using 4 little nails. Make sure the nails are pushed in far enough (not too far so that you can't get them out any more) and "wobble" the radio a little to release.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
              X