Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot 207 siemens VDO

Hi,

Need help with obtaining code for my Peugeot 207 Siemens VDO.

I took the unit out and these are all the numbers I found on it. Not sure which one is the serial number.

PSARCD431-63
    96643699XT 00
    A2C53250035
    BS0408180117279
    VDAPPF80117279
    RD4N2M-02
    Siemens vdo

Appreciate the help.

Cheers!

I'm not even sure if this model requires a code. I have been told by some people it does and by some people it doesn't. Even at the place I bought the car people weren't sure.. :incazzato:

Could someone who has experience with this car/radio model please advise?

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lprazen View Post
      Hi,

Need help with obtaining code for my Peugeot 207 Siemens VDO.

I took the unit out and these are all the numbers I found on it. Not sure which one is the serial number.

PSARCD431-63
      96643699XT 00
      A2C53250035
      BS0408180117279
      VDAPPF80117279
      RD4N2M-02
      Siemens vdo

Appreciate the help.

Cheers!
      This stereo is often referred to as a "Married" or "VIN CODED" radio, as it does not have a normal security Code number, but is instead electronically paired to the engine management system of the vehicle it came out of, and as such cannot be easily transferred from vehicle to vehicle, even if it is the same model of Car.

When it is first powered up, it will communicate with the vehicle, and if this has been successfull, it will switch on and function in the normal way.

However, if removed and refitted into a different vehicle other than the original one, it will not recognise the encrypted identification of the new car, and you may find that the radio may not power up at all, or if it does, you may find yourself with an irritating beep every few seconds over the sound of the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by hay88 View Post
        This stereo is often referred to as a "Married" or "VIN CODED" radio, as it does not have a normal security Code number, but is instead electronically paired to the engine management system of the vehicle it came out of, and as such cannot be easily transferred from vehicle to vehicle, even if it is the same model of Car.

When it is first powered up, it will communicate with the vehicle, and if this has been successfull, it will switch on and function in the normal way.

However, if removed and refitted into a different vehicle other than the original one, it will not recognise the encrypted identification of the new car, and you may find that the radio may not power up at all, or if it does, you may find yourself with an irritating beep every few seconds over the sound of the radio.
        Thank you very much for your extensive response. I am planning to upgrade my audio system (amp, sub, etc) which means my head unit will be without juice for a long period of time. When I connect the battery again will this head unit ask for a code of any sort?

Comment

Originally posted by lprazen View Post
          Thank you very much for your extensive response. I am planning to upgrade my audio system (amp, sub, etc) which means my head unit will be without juice for a long period of time. When I connect the battery again will this head unit ask for a code of any sort?
          if it came with your car from new your be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X