Peugeot CD player "9 error"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot CD player "9 error"

Hello. I've got a peugeot partner and the CD player is showing "9 error" when switched on.
    Any one know what could be causing this and how to cure it please?
    I don't know why it's like this because it was like it when I got the car.
    Thanks,
    Simon.

Originally posted by siraff View Post
    Hello. I've got a peugeot partner and the CD player is showing "9 error" when switched on.
    Thanks,
    Simon.
    Try leaving it SWITCHED ON...UNDISTURBED..for a few hours .to see if it automatically resets itself

Comment

Thanks,
      Simon.
      if it a clarion
      ERROR CODES - WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Error 1.Battery inside CD Changer needs to be replaced.
      Error 2.CD error message. Mechanism has as eject problem or takes a long time to select CD.
      Error 3.CD error message. The pick-up is out of focus during play mode due to scratches on the disc or contamination.
      Error 4.Connection problem. Reconnect the data cable.
      Error 5.CD error message. Could not read correct data due to CD ROM.
      Error 6.CD error message. Could not read data from disc because it is upside-down.
      Error 8.Tape Drive system defective. Eating tape or something wrong with the drive system.
      Error 9.Weak RF. Try alternate frequency
      NO CD.CD error message. No CD is magazine or no magazine in CD Changer

Comment

Thanks for the fast replies. I'll try leaving it on. I have a feeling it may have had the wrong code put in too many times but that's just a hunch. Lets see how it goes while on.

Comment

OK it's been on a while now and it's now asking for the code. That's a good start but now I need the code for it. lol.
          Any ideas how to find it?

Comment

OK it's been on a while now and it's now asking for the code. That's a good start but now I need the code for it. lol.
            Any ideas how to find it?
            Post the radio make+model plus all the letters+numbers on any labels, barcodes or stamped in the metal casing

Comment

I will in the morning as long as I get 5 mins and can work out how it comes out of the dash.
              Thanks.
              Simon.

Comment

Right I don't know how to get it out of the dash. It's got two small holes in it but I can't see an obvious way to get it out. Any ideas?

Comment

Right I don't know how to get it out of the dash. It's got two small holes in it but I can't see an obvious way to get it out. Any ideas?
                  FREE Car Stereo, & Radio Removal Guides Database

Comment

Thanks, Reg. I'll get some keys for it tomorrow and see what all these numbers are.

Comment

Here is a video showing how to remove a standard radio from the dashboard.
                      A pair of extractors are required (available from Ebay etc ) but these can be made from 2 pieces of bent, wire coat-hanger or 4 small drills(using the blunt end) or 4 small Allen Keys or 4 small screwdrivers or 4 nails or even 4 darts.

An assistant is useful to pull the radio out whilst you are releasing the 4
                      securing clips

note: on some radios , these 4 holes are protected by 4 small screws. These
                      can be unscrewed using the appropriate size of Allen key.
                      ================================================== ==

Comment

Working...
                      X