Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90s BMW Business RDS Security Code

Hello

I'm trying to find out the security code for my 1990s BMW Business RDS Cassette Player that's fitted in my 1992 BMW 5 Series.

The serial number stamped on the casing is

PI 92 XX P 0083743

I went to the BMW dealer first to see if I could get the correct code from them as this type and model of head unit would have been standard equipment for my car when new. However it looks like someone has changed out the original head unit for another similar one at some point in the past as the serial number on the BMW database doesn't match the one I have.

There are no additional stickers or markings on the casing either - the head unit powers up fine and then displays "CODE"

Thank you for your help

Originally posted by steviemillar View Post
    Hello

I'm trying to find out the security code for my 1990s BMW Business RDS Cassette Player that's fitted in my 1992 BMW 5 Series.

The serial number stamped on the casing is

PI 92 XX P 0083743

I went to the BMW dealer first to see if I could get the correct code from them as this type and model of head unit would have been standard equipment for my car when new. However it looks like someone has changed out the original head unit for another similar one at some point in the past as the serial number on the BMW database doesn't match the one I have.

There are no additional stickers or markings on the casing either - the head unit powers up fine and then displays "CODE"

Thank you for your help
    This may be one of the older units made by PIONEER or ALPINE so could require further technical advice to see if a code is readily available

See PM message for suggestions

Comment

Working...
    X