How to read car radio eeprom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to read car radio eeprom

Hello! I have a stereo Visteon 6s45-18c939-aa which I lift the dump of eeprom to have it available as it once was blocked and I would like to have the back up in case this happens again, but I can not do it. I eeproms reader that I have used other stereos and no problems, and use PonyProg. The EEPROM is a 24C01 smd, and what I do to read it is to connect the data and clock pins to the reader, the mass of the reader to the stereo, and stereo to feed the +12 v. When you start reading the strip PonyProg me the error message Bus busy or hardware error (-11). I also tried to feed the eeprom directly with the developer, and I throw the same error. The stereo works perfectly, and I have the code number, which also works well. Also tried a code reader pen type and reads well, but I can not with the developer. I do not know if I'll be doing something wrong (I guess so), but would appreciate any advice or tip to read the eeprom without desoldarla plate stereo. I know itīs possible, because he did the person who unlocked first time.

Thank you very much!

Originally posted by arshiva2000 View Post
    Hello! I have a stereo Visteon 6s45-18c939-aa which I lift the dump of eeprom to have it available as it once was blocked and I would like to have the back up in case this happens again, but I can not do it. I eeproms reader that I have used other stereos and no problems, and use PonyProg. The EEPROM is a 24C01 smd, and what I do to read it is to connect the data and clock pins to the reader, the mass of the reader to the stereo, and stereo to feed the +12 v. When you start reading the strip PonyProg me the error message Bus busy or hardware error (-11). I also tried to feed the eeprom directly with the developer, and I throw the same error. The stereo works perfectly, and I have the code number, which also works well. Also tried a code reader pen type and reads well, but I can not with the developer. I do not know if I'll be doing something wrong (I guess so), but would appreciate any advice or tip to read the eeprom without desoldarla plate stereo. I know itīs possible, because he did the person who unlocked first time.

Thank you very much!
    See PM message

Comment

Working...
    X