Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freelander 2 radio code

Hello colleagues,

I am about to replace the battery on my recently purchased 59 plate Freelander 2, and cannot find any reference in the vehicle documentation about the radio code. Please can you tell me if this vehicle needs a code as I don't want to remove the radio to find its serial number if I don't need to! Local Land Rover dealer doesn't know (or may be unhappy that I bought the car privately for half the price of cars on his forecourt!) The car was first registered in October 2009, and VIN is SALFA2CB0AH166420.

Best regards,

Paul

Originally posted by paulfw
    Hello colleagues,

I am about to replace the battery on my recently purchased 59 plate Freelander 2, and cannot find any reference in the vehicle documentation about the radio code. Please can you tell me if this vehicle needs a code as I don't want to remove the radio to find its serial number if I don't need to! Local Land Rover dealer doesn't know (or may be unhappy that I bought the car privately for half the price of cars on his forecourt!) The car was first registered in October 2009, and VIN is SALFA2CB0AH166420.

Best regards,

Paul
    A Serial Number will be required for a code ...and there is only a 50% chance that you will get it calculated here for free.

Why not maintain a battery supply to your radio (to retain its memory where the code is stored) via the cigarette lighter socket (or battery connectors) connected to another battery...whilst you swop your car battery

If you search for car memory saver on Ebay then you can see a ready made product.....but you can also D-I-Y by using a spare battery (or battery charger) and a couple of connecting leads etc

Comment

Thank you

Many thanks for the suggestion - that is what I will do!
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X