ford 6000 cd stuck in phone mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ford 6000 cd stuck in phone mode

ive just bought a mondeo 2001 ghia x and the battery went dead, i typed in code for radio and all that happens is 'phone' comes up on the display, ive tried holding down all buttons for 30 seconds to see if that worked and resetting by disconnecting battery again and nothing, ive scoured the internet to try and find out all i can.
    i cant take out stereo as i got a nail stuck in there trying to take it out lol is there anyone out there that could offer some kind of help please

many thanks in advance

Originally posted by dirtydot View Post
    ive just bought a mondeo 2001 ghia x and the battery went dead, i typed in code for radio and all that happens is 'phone' comes up on the display, ive tried holding down all buttons for 30 seconds to see if that worked and resetting by disconnecting battery again and nothing, ive scoured the internet to try and find out all i can.
    i cant take out stereo as i got a nail stuck in there trying to take it out lol is there anyone out there that could offer some kind of help please

many thanks in advance
    When PHONE is displayed this normally means that the MUTE lead (A yellow wire) is connected or touching the chassis somewhere.

This means that the radio will have to be removed and the wiring and connectors at the rear checked

Comment

to my knowledge there is no phone kit connected nor does there look like there has been previously, but thank you so much for the reply looks like ill have to wait a few days to take it to ford oh the joys of spending money un necessarily to big corporations lol

thanks again due really appreciate the quick response also

Comment

I did manage to get the radio out in the end, there's a black wire not connected to anything but looks like it should be as its just loose, and the only yellow wires there are all connected to the block, will I have to disconnect the yellow wire altogether (cut it and tape it up) or is there something else I can do? Also the black wire doesn't seem to affect anything that I've noticed so far so shall I tape that up too.

Thanks again in advance

Comment

I did manage to get the radio out in the end, there's a black wire not connected to anything but looks like it should be as its just loose, and the only yellow wires there are all connected to the block, will I have to disconnect the yellow wire altogether (cut it and tape it up) or is there something else I can do? Also the black wire doesn't seem to affect anything that I've noticed so far so shall I tape that up too.

Thanks again in advance
          It is difficult to offer exact advice on here.

I would not cut any wires.

If the Black wire is exposed , tape it up and see if that solves the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RegWorts View Post
            It is difficult to offer exact advice on here.

I would not cut any wires.

If the Black wire is exposed , tape it up and see if that solves the problem.
            i taped up the black wire which was exposed and still nothing so it does look like an expensive trip to fords or a new radio lol

many thanks for the help anyway RegWorts it really is appreciated

Comment

i taped up the black wire which was exposed and still nothing so it does look like an expensive trip to fords or a new radio lol

many thanks for the help anyway RegWorts it really is appreciated
              What you could try is pulling out all the connectors at the back of the radio and using a torch take a good look inside the dashboard to see if there are any stray wires anywhere. Then push the connectors back and see if that`s cured it.

An alternative is to borrow a similar radio and connect it to your connectors and see whether the fault disappears.

If it does then it means that the problem is within the radio. (This could be due to corrosion on the circuitboard inside the radio )

If it does not then the problem is within the car`s wiring.

If you do find a solution either yourself or at Ford then please post it back here..

Comment

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I managed to sort it, there was a Nokia car kit fitted but the wires were connected and the block was tucked well out of the way in the passenger footwell, my mate found it and disconnected it so its all working well now, the exposed wire was an earth strap from it so disconnected that also.
                I've developed another problem since, which when stationary with engine running if I get out of car and close door, sometimes the central locking will lock itself up, so I have to leave window open if I need to do that, but a small price to pay for a working radio lol.
                I would just like to extend my gratitude for all the advice and help offered thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
                X